Well, my wife decided to try the master cleanse so I’m continuing on. I’m really happy that she decided to try it! She started meditating a few years ago and has also become more conscious of the foods we eat and where it comes from (organic, less meat). I am in love with her.
Yesterday, the 10th day, was a bit anticlimactic as I found out that my cleanse buddies fell off the wagon before. I can sympathize with them as I have experienced food cravings (usually in the evenings and triggered by some really good smelling food – yesterday it was getting home and watching my kids eat curry with rice), but closed eyes, relaxed and deep breath, a swig or two of the cleanse mix (lemonade), and the cravings pass. It is easy to see though how the thoughts and imagination can build into a frenzy of desire and call to action. Anyone that has ever been obsessed with anything (or anyone), and perfectionists can perhaps relate.
It is interesting to observe these thoughts and feelings as they arise and inquire into their source. I am continually fascinated by how feelings and thoughts translate to intentions and action. Still observation at earlier stages in this process often leads to deeper understanding. Is it me or is it a product of my conditioning? Physiologically, my experience is that many of the side effects such as light-headedness, lack of strength, etc. from the cleanse result from not drinking regularly. I found another good site that talks about the cleanse stages - http://www.therawfoodsite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194.
I’ve had a hard time taking down the salt water for flushes so I’ve been drinking the laxative tea at night which seems to help well… make things happen.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Master Cleanse – Day 11
Posted by
phusikoi
at
12:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment